The Phabulous Photo Album
Date + Time
Get your pictures off your phone and into your hands! Learn how to create an elegant stab-bound, hard cover photo album using book cloth and handmade paper. This is a wonderful keepsake that can hold 4” x 6” photos from your recent vacation, family gatherings, or quarantine photo challenges. Each participant will leave this virtual workshop with a completed photo album and a basic knowledge of a stab binding technique. You will receive a detailed handout and resource list for all materials used, as well as a materials kit.
*Please see materials list for materials students need to supply themselves.
Elissa Campbell has been making books for the past twenty six years and works out of her studio in Montpelier, Vermont. She is a big believer in the power of using books for self expression she received her MA in Expressive Therapies with a concentration in Art Therapy from Lesley University and her experience drives her to create objects that allow people to tell their stories. She has been teaching bookbinding workshops for 1 1 .5 years and is chair of the Book Arts Guild of Vermont
Students are responsible for the following supplies
- Wastepaper/wax paper
- 12”metal ruler
- X-Acto knife or utility knife
- Cutting mat
- Glue brush
- Extra X-Acto or utility knife blades
- Power drill with a 7/32” drill bit (preferred), a Japanese screw punch with a 5.0mm bit, or equivalent (it needs to drill through bookboard and a stack of pages)
- Piece of scrap wood to protect your work surface if using a power drill
- 2 trigger clamps with a 6” capacity or equivalent
- 2 medium (1.25” wide) binder clips
- Fine grit sandpaper
- A kit will also be mailed out by the instructor containing the remaining supplies needed
Materials with an asterisk (*) next to them are sold in our store.
- Early Bird$117$1170$0