Updated: Jun 3
Dear Morgan Conservatory Community,
Although we have had no reports of illness or reason for concern, we continue to monitor on a daily basis updates provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health (OHD). We care deeply about our community and have been diligent in response to the recommended protocol set forth by these health organizations.
The Morgan is dedicated to providing a healthy and joyful arts experience to our community. We welcome you to work with us to keep our community informed and healthy so we may continue to provide the programs that we love and bring our community closer together.
The Morgan Conservatory will be closed to the public until further notice. In an effort to "flatten the curve” of the coronavirus, we have also made the difficult decision to cancel events, outreach, and gallery openings throughout the summer season.
*Update (May 2020). We miss seeing you in our galleries & studios. We are waiting to reopen until we are certain that we've developed an informed and intentional approach of safely reopening.
Event cancellations as of 6/3/2020:
- The remainder of our winter workshop season.
- The opening reception of our National Juried Exhibition on March 27 from 6:00-9:00 pm. We will be rescheduling the viewing dates of this exhibition until after the danger of COVID19 passes & social distancing regulations are no longer in effect.
- Peg & Deb: Two Divorced Moms Take On Art! on April 5 at 1 pm.
- Studio Open House: Create & Take on April 18, Noon-3:00 pm.
- Kozo Garden Party Fundraiser on June 27, 5:30-9:30
- Our Summer 2020 Workshop season is canceled. Stay tuned for digital workshops.
We understand the circumstances and your health and safety is our highest priority at this time. As you know, this is a changing situation. Please stay in touch with our social media and website for immediate updates concerning our programs, workshops and outreach.
Proactive Prevention at the Morgan:
• We are closed to the public until further notice.
• Employees have the option of working remotely.
• Hygienic Practices have been reviewed and enforced.
• Posters and information have been posted throughout the studios, office, bathrooms, and common areas.
• Hand washing tools: soap & paper towels are stocked throughout the organization.
• Hand sanitizers, tissues, and disinfectants are visible and accessible.
• We will continue to educate staff and respond to new protocols.
• Employees who suspect they have been exposed will work remotely.
• Employees who become ill will not come to work.
• Housekeeping personnel are on high alert and have been instructed to double down on disinfecting all common areas.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact our Executive Director, Geri Unger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your continued support of Cleveland arts!
-The Morgan Staff